On July 1, 2016, the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem and SciWorks officially merged into a single non-profit organization, and we announced our new name — Kaleideum — in February 2017. As a member of Kaleideum, your support and dedication are important to our success today and in the future. Our members always come first, and your feedback is always valued.
Because of this merger, our members receive MORE. Your membership and membership benefits are accepted at two museums: Kaleideum Downtown (formerly Children’s Musem of Winston-Salem) and Kaleideum North (formerly SciWorks). We hope this means we will see you even more often throughout the year and that these two museums will become part of the fabric of your family’s life in an even more enriching way.
If you have questions about receiving your new membership card for Kaleideum, please contact Connie Miller, Visitor Experiences Manager, at (336) 723-9111, ext. 202.
Want to renew or purchase a new membership? See below for the new Membership Pricing Structure.
A Kaleideum membership makes a great gift for friends and family. Memberships purchased online or by phone are available for immediate use at Kaleideum Downtown (formerly the Children’s Museum of Winston-Salem) and Kaleideum North (formerly SciWorks). However, membership cards are typically mailed within a week from purchase date. For fastest delivery of membership cards, please purchase your membership at the Welcome Desk at Kaleideum Downtown or Kaleideum North.
Includes up to four adults and all children, as well as reciprocal benefits with museums affiliated with ASTC (Association of Science – Technology Centers) and ACM (Association of Children’s Museums).
Join today for $135 plus 6.75% NC Sales Tax
Adult + Child Membership
Add one additional child for $20. ASTC/ACM benefits do not apply.
Join today for $75 plus 6.75% NC Sales Tax
Includes both grandparents and all grandchildren. ASTC/ACM benefits do not apply.
Join today for $95 plus 6.75% NC Sales Tax
Membership fees are subject to applicable NC State Sales and Use Tax
Benefits of Membership
- Free admission for unlimited visits to both Kaleideum Downtown and Kaleideum North
- 10% discount in the gift shop at Kaleideum North
- Discounts on camps at both Kaleideum Downtown and Kaleideum North
- Discounts on birthday parties at both Kaleideum Downtown and Kaleideum North
- Quarterly newsletter mailed to your home
- Free or reduced admission to more than 300 ASTC Science Centers worldwide**
- 50 percent off general admission for up to six people at all museums participating in the ACM Reciprocal Program**
** Only applies to Family Membership level.
ALL members of Kaleideum enjoy special discounts at participating businesses!
- Adventure Landing (1600 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103)
Play 2 mini-golf courses for the price of 1
- Brixx Pizza (1295 Creekshire Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27103)
1 FREE kid’s meal with entrée purchase (Limit 1 free kid’s meal per visit; cannot be combined with any other offer or coupon)
- Brynn’s Frozen Yogurt (205 S. Stratford Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103) 10% off total purchase
- Camino Bakery (300 S. Marshall Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, 310 B W. 4th Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101) 10% off total purchase
- Cicis Pizza (2857 Reynolda Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27106)
Free drink with buffet purchase; $4.99 large one-topping pizza
- Countryside Bowling Lanes (1005 Masten Drive, Kernersville, NC 27284)
Buy 1 game, get 1 FREE
- Creekside Lanes (1450 Trademart Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27127)
Buy 1 game, get 1 FREE
- Doc’s Rocks Gem Mine (129 Mystery Hill Lane, Blowing Rock, NC 28605) One free child admission with one paid adult admission to the Appalachian Fossil Museum.
- Gigi’s Cupcakes (205 South Stratford Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27103)
Show your valid membership card to receive 10% off your purchase
- Greensboro Children’s Museum (200 North Church Street, Greensboro, NC 27401) $1 off admission for Family and Grandparent Memberships
Family members receive discounted half-price admission through the ACM reciprocal program.
- Mary’s Gourmet Diner (723 Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101)
10% off total meal purchase
- Mellow Mushroom (314 W. 4th Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101) 10% off total bill
- North Carolina Zoo (4403 Zoo Parkway, Asheboro, NC 27205)
Half-price admission at ticket gate
- Southern Appalachian Historical Association’s Horn in the West Outdoor Drama (591 Horn in the West Drive, Boone, NC 28607)
Every Sunday one adult ticket comes with three free children’s tickets
Winston-Salem Dash (951 Ballpark Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27101)
Show your valid membership card at the box office and receive $2 off per ticket.
- YMCA Camp Hanes (1225 Camp Hanes Rd, King, NC 27021)
$50 off one week of overnight camp
About the Association of Children’s Museums Reciprocal Network Benefit for Family Memberships
The ACM Reciprocal Network is a voluntary group of ACM member museums open across the United States and Canada that reciprocate discounted admission to one another’s members that hold premium family memberships.
There are 200 museums that participate in the network and reciprocate 50% off general admission for up to six (6) people. Cardholder must be present.
A few notes about reciprocal admission:
- The list of museums participating in the network may change, so please call the museum you plan to visit ahead of time and to verify their participation in the ACM Reciprocal Network.
- Click here to find out more about a specific museum.
About the Association of Science and Technology Centers Reciprocal Network for Family Memberships
As a member of Kaleideum, you will receive free or reduced admission to more than 300 science centers worldwide via the “Passport” program!
Click here to see the list of participating museums.
A few notes about reciprocal admission:
- Admission is based on the admittance policies of the participating museums.
- Only general admission to participating museums is included. This may not include special exhibits, planetarium shows, large-screen theater presentations, simulator rides, store discounts, or other discounts associated with museum membership.
- Science centers and museums located within 90 miles of each other (“as the crow flies”) are excluded from the ASTC program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. Our Members do receive free admission to the following North Carolina museums located within 90 miles of SciWorks, and their Members receive free admission to SciWorks:
- Catawba Science Center (Hickory)
- Morehead Planetarium (Chapel Hill)
- Museum of Life and Science (Durham)
- NC Transportation Museum (Spencer)
- Schiele Museum of Natural History (Gastonia)
- ASTC Exclusions:
- Our Members receive 50% off admission to the Greensboro Science Center, and GSC members receive 50% off admission to SciWorks and the Children’s Museum.
- Our Members do not receive discounts or free admission for Discovery Place in Charlotte, and Discovery Place Members do not receive discounts or free admission to SciWorks or the Children’s Museum.